Harvard-Westlake School, a preeminent independent school in Los Angeles, is seeking highly qualified candidates for a full-time teaching position in the science department at the Upper School (grades 10-12). The job entails teaching geology to sophomores and honors geology to juniors and seniors; honors geology is a dual-credit course with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). The position includes leading several 3-day field study trips to Death Valley National Park. Harvard-Westlake enrolls about 875 students at the Upper School, more than 40% of whom are ethnic minorities. The School is committed to being a diverse and inclusive community that is dedicated to the joyful pursuit of educational excellence while living and learning with integrity.
· BA Geology/Geochemistry/Earth Science/or similar; MA degree in science preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate concepts in a clear and concise manner, and to foster an innovative and creative learning environment.
· Strong communication skills and a willingness to work with colleagues in creating, developing, and implementing science curricula.
· Ideal candidates will be excited by becoming part of our vibrant school community, broadly engaging with students and colleagues, and attending events outside their particular field of study.
· Ability to teach geology is primary; flexibility to teach other disciplines in science is a plus. Some teaching experience preferred.
Please email resumes to email@example.com.